Charles Hayward Centre, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Bethnal Green (1973) by Lyons Israel Ellis Gray.
Image from VADS.
College of Engineering and Science, New Cavendish Street (1970) by Lyons Israel Ellis Gray.
Image from Architecture Today.
British Pathé have put their archive on YouTube
Here’s a film about the New Town ‘Stevenage’.
Monkton House, West Dean (1935) by Christopher Nicholson.
A house originally designed by Edwin Lutyens in 1902 and redesigned by architect Christopher Nicholson in a Surrealist fashion in 1935. Monkton House was owned by Edward James who inherited it from his father, and filled it with work by Dali, Magritte and Jean-Michel Frank.
Augustus John Studio, Fordingbridge, Hants (1933) by Christopher Nicholson.
Studio for the painter Augustus John in the grounds of John’s Fryern Court, featuring high ceilings and glazing to draw in light. The studio was converted into a house in the 1960’s.
Image from The Modern House
Silentbloc Factory, Crawley (1954) by J.M. Austin-Smith and Partners.
Formed as a practice in 1949 by husband and wife architects Mike and Inette Austin-Smith, J.M. Austin-Smith and Partners became Austin-Smith: Lord in 1969, the name it still operates as today.
Image from West Sussex County Council.